Accessibility statement for Leadership Learning
This accessibility statement applies to https://leadership.college.police.uk
This website is run by Accipio Leadership Ltd for the College of Policing. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet (https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Legacy video, podcasts and some eLearning modules (fails 1.2.1: Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded), 1.2.2: Captions (Prerecorded), 1.2.3: Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded), 1.2.4: Captions (Live), 1.2.5: Audio Description (Prerecorded))
- Tabbing through the elements on the Shop pages the focus isn’t visible (fails SC 2.4.7 – Focus Visible)
- New account form doesn’t use correct autofill attributes on common fields (fails SC 1.3.5 – Identify Input Purpose)
- Learning material topics on course pages cannot be tabbed to using a keyboard (fails SC 2.1.1 – Keyboard)
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02071172690.
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Call or email us for directions if you cannot view the map on our contact us page.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Accipio Leadership Ltd is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- We are exploring if we should remove legacy video, podcasts and some eLearning modules (fails 1.2.1: Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded), 1.2.2: Captions (Prerecorded), 1.2.3: Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded), 1.2.4: Captions (Live), 1.2.5: Audio Description (Prerecorded)). We plan to remove this by April 2023 at the latest if approved.
Navigation and accessing information
It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more challenging to view the content.
It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Interactive tools and transactions
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing information, and with interactive tools (some eLearning modules) and transactions. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment when the supplier contract is up for renewal, likely to be in April 2023.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access third party content, and forms published as Word documents. By October 2022, we plan to either fix, remove or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix this external resource: https://leadership.college.police.uk/pluginfile.php/3398/mod_resource/content/1/Statutory_Guidance_-_Injunctions_to_Prevent_Gang-Related_Violence__web_.pdf
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website. An audit was completed in October 2023. We are developing an action plan which will be complete by April 2023.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25 May 2022. It was last reviewed on 18 October 2022.
This website was last tested on 18 October 2022. Our own systems carried out the test.
We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test: reviewed the top 6 most common pages.