Line managers supporting dyslexia in your team (various speakers)
October 5 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
This webinar explores dyslexia in policing from the perspective of first-line leaders. The session looks to provide practical information and approaches for line managers to support officers and staff with dyslexia, including the legal obligations for forces and line managers under the equality act, providing information about expectations on and support for line managers in implementing reasonable adjustments.
Finally, it will be looking at how managers can support team members with dyslexia to achieve their full potential and discuss what officers and staff with dyslexia bring to the team through their unique skill sets.
By the end of the session attendees will be able to:
– Outline the nature of dyslexia and its relationship with other neurodiverse conditions.
– Explain the nature of the support that must be offered under the equality act and that should be offered to help individuals achieve their full potential.
– Identify the benefits that individuals with dyslexia bring to the team and how to support them to achieve their full potential.
– Identify practical approaches for supporting individuals and sources for further support within their force and nationally.
A recording will be made available on the platform following the session.
Panel to be made up of three participants (TBC) and chaired by ACC Matthew Welsted.
This free-of-charge 1-hour discussion panel is scheduled to run from 2:00pm until 3:o0pm on Wednesday 5th October 2022, and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams.
– First 30 minutes approximately covering off the learning outcomes directly.
– Second 30 minutes questions from the audience, fielded by the panel.
This event supports individuals completing the College’s First Line Leaders Programme but is open to, and useful for any serving police officers, staff and volunteers.
Please make sure to register for any events using your police email only. We will be unable to accept your registration otherwise.
Module 1: Inclusive leadership
2. Take responsibility for cultural change, leading the evolution of an inclusive workplace
3. Proactively promote an environment that enables an inclusive culture
Please note that the email you register with will be the email that receives the session joining instructions. If you have not received a meeting link within 2 days of the session please get in touch.
To join this webinar, add a ticket to your cart at the bottom of the page (please ensure you have permission from your organisation/force prior to reserving a spot).
The sale of tickets for this event will be ended two days prior to the event so that we can consolidate the final list of registered attendees and distribute invites.
ENSURE THAT TICKET QUANTITY IS SET TO ‘1’ OR MORE BY PRESSING THE ‘+’. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, THEN YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SELECT ‘GET TICKET’.
Joining instructions, including recommended pre-webinar preparation and detailed agenda, will be shared approximately two weeks prior to the webinar. For any further questions regarding this session, email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ENSURE ALSO THAT YOU ARE NOT USING AN OUTDATED BROWSER (INTERNET EXPLORER). PLEASE SWITCH TO A SUPPORTED ALTERNATIVE (E.G. CHROME; SAFARI).